Setanta Orienteers is an active open orienteering club, affiliated to the Irish Orienteering Association. The Club has members located throughout the Dublin Region, County Wicklow, Leinster and further afield. New members always welcome and we will endeavour to help on your orienteering journey.
For more information on our club activities or to join Setanta Orienteers please check our Contact Page
- Vartry Reservoir – Dublin By Night 21st Jan 2023 (1/17/2023) - Entries are open for the third ‘Dublin By Night’ event to be held at Vartry Reservoir on Saturday 21st January.
- Rogaine Ireland 2023 24hr and 6hr (1/6/2023) - Rogaine Ireland 2023 will take place on the 17th and 18th June 2023 in the Wicklow Mountains. Entry is via
- Christmas Club Walk – 28th Dec (12/22/2022) - Hi All, The annual Setanta Christmas walk is scheduled for this day week, Wednesday 28th December. The location this year is
- Wine and Chocolate O – Saturday 10th Dec (12/5/2022) - HiJust a quick reminder to all club members that our annual ‘wine and chocolate’ orienteering event takes place this coming
- Cushbawn Leinster League 16/10/2022 (10/11/2022) -
Pre-entry is at https://www.orienteering.ie/fixtures/cushbawn-4/
Entry is now open and will remain open until 11:00 Saturday 15th October.
Setanta Orienteers are hosting a Leinster League event this coming Sunday 16th October 2022.
The event will be at Cushbawn, Ballinaclash, County Wicklow, signposted from Ballinaclash
Google map directions https://goo.gl/maps/J3wkFYDcwvNSxDVh9
This area is mixed planted forestry with mainly good runnability and moderate rock detail.
The courses are as follows–
Length Climb Control Technical difficulty Yellow 2.2km 40m 10 Very Easy, Young and Novice Juniors Orange 3.1km 90m 14 Easy, Young Juniors with experience Red 4.2km 110m 13 Easy, Adult Beginners/Older Novice Juniors Light Green 3.5km 100m 9 Intermediate, Some experience needed. Green 4.6km 110m 10 Hard, Experienced only Blue 5.7km 180m 15 Hard, Experienced only Brown 7.4km 300m 20 Hard, Experienced only
The map has recently been updated by Pat Healy. The map scale is 1:10,000 with a 5.0m contour interval. The maps will be printed on waterproof paper with control descriptions printed on the map. There will also be loose control descriptions available in the start box.
SportIdent timing system will be used and SI cards can be rented for €2 (€40 replacement cost if lost). SIAC will not be enabled.
Important note: There is felling in the forest that only commenced last week. This felling activity is/could be ongoing. We will try to get it mapped, but there may be a map correction. This will be manually marked on the map and be highlighted in the start box. Please also stay away from newly stacked piles of timber.
Start times are between 11:00 and 13:00 with courses closing at 15:00. Cost is
Adults: €8 / person
Student: €5 / student
Unwaged: €5 / person
OAP: €5 / person
Family €20 / two adults plus 5 children max.
There will be a limited number of entry on the day for all courses subject to availability.
A surcharge of €2 per entry will be made on such entries.
The grid reference is T 1542 8413, Latitude 52.8959131 and Longitude -6.2850867. Parking is about 1km into the forest and will be along a forest road.