Setanta Orienteers is an active open orienteering club, affiliated to the Irish Orienteering Association. The Club has members located throughout the Dublin Region, County Wicklow, Leinster and further afield. New members always welcome and we will endeavour to help on your orienteering journey.
For more information on our club activities or to join Setanta Orienteers please check our Contact Page
- Ballyward near Blessington Leinster League 14th May 2017 (5/9/2017) - A chance to run where only legendary orienteering dinosaurs have roamed before (with apologies to all the fun-loving legendary orienteering dinosaurs out there who have been to Ballyward previously). Ballyward, last mapped in 1972, is the location for the sixth Leinster League event this year. For those of you who may not have been there before, and that might be a few of you, Ballyward is a medium sized very runnable wood with a great mix of linear and point features, and without one single bramble. It’s one not to be missed. Full details on event page here
- Leinster Champs 2017 report (4/12/2017) - The 2017 Leinster Orienteering Championships were run by GEN on Brockagh east and Mall Hill on 9th April 2017. This
- Orienteering Massy’s Estate 8th April (4/7/2017) - Late notice of event in Massy's Estate on Sat 8th April from 3-4:30pm. Event parking via Hellfire carpark
Full details on event page
The event is suitable for all, beginners and experienced.
- Ballinascorney Come & try it (3/12/2017) - Setanta Orienteers are hosting a non-league come and try it event at Ballinascorney Woods on Sunday 19th March. Start times between 11am and 1pm. Click this for Full Details Directions from the M50: Exit the M50 at Junction 12, Ballycullen and proceed in the direction of Oldbawn and Tallaght. Drive past 2 roundabouts and at the next crossroads turn left onto the R114 heading towards Bohernabreena. Stay on the R114 for around 4.5km then take the left turn at the Stone Cross and follow the road for another 2.1km until you reach the forest entrance on your left. Parking is available along this good forest road please follow the parking marshals instructions when locating a parking space. There are a small number of spaces available on the main road also so if parking there please leave gaps between the cars at regular intervals to ensure the free flowing of traffic. Google Directions
- Rogaine Entries are open (2/15/2017) -
Rogaine entries are open!Enter by 31st May to receive free technical top! Further details on the Rogaine Ireland 2017 Event page