Setanta Orienteers is an active open orienteering club, affiliated to the Irish Orienteering Association. The Club has members located throughout the Dublin Region, County Wicklow, Leinster and further afield. New members always welcome and we will endeavour to help on your orienteering journey.
For more information on our club activities or to join Setanta Orienteers please check our Contact Page
- 2018 Membership Renewals (1/10/2018) - REMINDER Happy 2018 to all and another busy year of orienteering lies ahead. This is a gentle reminder to all our valued members to please remember to renew your membership for the coming year. We would appreciate it if people would follow the link to use the application form on the site. http://setantaorienteers.org/membership/ Many thanks from the committee.
- Christmas Club Walk 28th Dec 9.30am Laragh (12/21/2017) - Hi All, our annual Christmas Club Walk will take place again this year on the 28th of December. There will be a couple of options on the walk so most abilities should be catered for. Start will be in Laragh village at 9:30am. Mark it in your diary. Always a good day out. More information will follow. Happy Christmas Dave
- NEW date for Wine&ChocO Sat16Dec@3pm Djouce Woods (12/4/2017) - .
- Orienteering this Sunday 12th Nov, Massy’s Wood (11/5/2017) - On Sunday the 12th of November 2017 Setanta Orienteers are hosting a come and try it event at Massy's Estate. The event will be signposted from Stocking Lane. Start times will be between 10am-1pm and the courses will close at 2.30pm. Parking around Hellfire Woods gets very congested every weekend so please make use of our early start if possible. Please car pool if you can and kindly follow the car parking marshals instructions, parking will be on forest road at top of Hellfire Woods car park. Registration will be at top of car park
- Glenreemore event October 1st POSTPONED (9/28/2017) - Event Postponed to Oct 15th subject to permits from Coillte and National Park, but they both indicated that this should not be a problem. The forecast is quite uncertain, but with the remnants of Hurricane Lee in the mix, it seems definite that there will be rain Sat night and into Sunday morning with the possibility of the river being dangerous to cross. We will look at making back-up courses to fall back on if we are in same situation in 2 weeks.