Setanta Orienteers is an active open orienteering club, affiliated to the Irish Orienteering Association. The Club has members located throughout the Dublin Region, County Wicklow, Leinster and further afield. The Club is currently open to new members.
For more information on our club activities or to join Setanta Orienteers please check our Contact Page
- 40th Anniversary novelty event (club members only) (10/10/2016) - Setanta Orienteers is 40 years old having been founded in 1976. We thought that the occasion should not go unmarked, so we are going to have a celebratory novelty type event on Sunday 23rd October in honour of the occasion. The event will be at Ballinascorney using the 1979 version of the map. There may have been some changes to the area in the intervening decades (to say the least), but that’s part of the fun.
- International honours for Zoë (10/8/2016) - This weekend Setanta Orienteer's member Zoë is running W16 for Ireland at the Junior Home International in Northumberland. This is an annual competition between Ireland, Wales, Scotland & England. Zoë is part of a team of 24 who going for a 3 in a row against rivals Wales.
- Results – Fair Mountain Leinster League Orienteering (10/2/2016) - Results for Click this for Results on orienteering.ie Includes Winsplits and Routegadget We are all keen to see route choices,
- Permanent Orienteering Courses at Hellfire and Massy’s Estate (9/30/2016) - Setanta Orienteers have 2 Permanent Orienteering Courses (POC) on their maps. Both in Coillte woods in south Co. Dublin, one on HellFire and the other across the road in Massy's Estate. Both accessed from the Hellfire carpark. The courses which were installed in 2009 are marked on the ground by wooden posts with red and white on top. Unfortunately since 2009, the POC map has not been updated and the posts on the ground have not been maintained.
- Story of Hellfire (9/25/2016) - Known locally as The Devil's Kitchen or simply The Hell-Fire Club it is inextricably linked to the infamous Dublin Hell-Fire Club whose viciousness and arrogance is still remembered and whose history is recounted here
- Come & Try it Local Event – 20/11/2016 (Hellfire Woods & Massy’s Estate (Kilakee))
- Wine & Choc O (Club members only) – 10/12/2016 (Glen of the Downs)
- 2016 Christmas Walk – 28/12/2016 ()
- Night Orienteering Massy's Estate – 21/01/2017 (Hellfire Woods & Massy’s Estate (Kilakee))
Check full listing here.